Resource Design Ltd (the “Company“ or “Resource Design”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals whose data it processes (“you” or “your“).
Important information and who we are
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data entrusted to us.
In addition, it outlines your data protection rights under the EU data protection regime introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR“).
Please contact us at Resource Design Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW (in the UK) or 2 Pearl Crescent Noordhoek, Cape Town (in SA) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries concerning the processing of your data under this policy.
Visitors to our website
The following section of this policy explains how Resource Design may process personal data (as a controller) about visitors to its website.
The kind of information we hold about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you that you provide to us through our website. This information can include your name, date of birth, physical address, email address, telephone numbers, technical data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, and marketing and communications preferences (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences). We do not collect any sensitive personal data or special categories of personal data about you through our website. This includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we collect your data?
We use different methods to collect your data from you. Direct interactions are used to collect personal data you provide when you subscribe to our publications or request further marketing from us. Automated technologies and interactions like filling in forms are also used.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
How will we use information about you?
Your personal data may be processed by Resource Design or its sub-processors (or any of their affiliates, agents, delegates or sub-contractors) for the following purposes:
- To send you updates on the performance of the company, newsletters, invitations to events and other electronic marketing communications, which we will do (a) based on our legitimate interests if you have contacted us or (b) with your consent;
- To use data analytics to improve our website, marketing, and customer experiences based on our legitimate interests;
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- To scan and monitor emails sent to us (including attachments) for viruses or malicious software
- To process and encrypt personal data to protect and manage email traffic
- To store personal data on our systems to pursue our legitimate interests, including for document retention purposes; and other actions as are necessary to manage the activities of Resource Design, including by processing instructions and enforcing or defending the rights and/or interests of Resource Design to comply with their legal obligations and/or to pursue their legitimate interests.
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, or where you have provided consent (including concerning the sending of electronic marketing communications) and where those interests do not override your interests and fundamental rights, or where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. If we consider it necessary to obtain your consent concerning using your data, we will contact you with a request if it is not already obtained.We will provide you with full details of the personal data we would like and the reason we need it so that you can carefully consider whether you consent. If you decide to provide your permission, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. However, that will not affect the lawfulness of processes based on consent before its withdrawal. Please contact us at Resource Design Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW (or 2 Pearl Crescent) to remove your consent or opt-out of receiving marketing communication. You can also follow the unsubscribe instructions included in electronic marketing communication. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purposes you originally agreed to unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Links to Websites
Disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party except as set out below:
We may disclose your personal data to other members of our group, the Board of the Company, third parties who are providing services to us, including IT service providers, event management, PR and marketing service providers, processors of the company (including printers, registrars, administrators) telephone service providers, document storage providers and backup and disaster recovery service providers.
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Some of the external service providers used by us may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever your data is transferred out of the EEA by us, we ensure (or require that our service providers ensure) a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that appropriate safeguards, as required by applicable law, are in place.
We have put in place what we consider appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data we hold and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We also have established procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Legal Rights
In certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”), enabling you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you, enabling you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you rectified;
- Request erasure of your personal information, enabling you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing your personal information where we rely on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) if something about your particular situation makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing your personal information, enabling you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you. For example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it,
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party, and
- Withdraw your consent. If we are processing your data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processes based on consent before its withdrawal. To remove your consent or opt-out of receiving marketing communication, don’t hesitate to contact us at Resource Design Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW (2 Pearl Crescent Noordhoek, Cape Town *), or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in electronic marketing communication. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at Resource Design Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or (2 Pearl Crescent Noordhoek, Cape Town) in writing.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or exercise other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data. This is merely a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information concerning your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any given time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) (confirm SA info TBC*). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please get in touch with us in the first instance.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and communicate such updates through our website. We may also notify you about processing your data from time to time.
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal data, or you wish to submit an access request or raise a complaint about the way your data has been handled, please do so in writing and address this to us at Resource Design Ltd, I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0RW or 2 Pearl Crescent Noordhoek, Cape Town or by email to email@example.com.
The Company is a public limited company registered in Scotland (registered number SC733070 ). Its registered office address is I7V House, Straloch, Newmachar, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom, AB21 0RW.
Data Protection and Privacy
Policy May 2022